It is highly recommended to use BigRep presettings – so called factory files – for Simplify3D, as some machine settings such as print bed size and acceleration are included.
In most Faytory Files you will find now different options for slicing.
In the first one you can decide on which extruder you want to print or if you want to use dual extrusion.
Important to know for dual extrusion is, that the not printing extruder will be cooled down and prevent that material will drop out of the nozzle. Switching the extruders will now take more time, but the quality will be better than before.
Examples for dual extrusion:
- Using T0 for the model and T1 for Support (both the same material)
- Choose Dual – T0 and switch in the support setting the support extruder and dense support extruder to T1
- Using different processes with both extruders (e.g. multi colour)
- Choose Dual T0 in one process and Dual T1 in the other
You can also choose now different quality options for your prints.
Depending on the quality you want, you have different options.
- First you can choose the layer height you want
- lower layer heights looks better but takes longer
- Than you can choose if the want a better looking model or faster printing
All these options can vary by material and extruder/nozzle diameter
|Material||Nozzle Diameter||Latest Update|
|Pro HT||0.6 mm||04/2019||Download|
|Pro FLEX*||0.6 mm (T0 only)||10/2018||Download|
|Dual PLA/PVA||0.6 mm||04/2019||Download|
*For printing with Pro FLEX there are some hardware changes necessery. Please open a ticket if you want to use Pro FLEX. This is only for BigRep STUDIOS with a serial number including 1805XXXX or lower.
Please mention: BigRep presettings are a starting point for the slicing. Each geometry requires individual settings in order to achieve the best results.